Saturday, December 02, 2006

Winter

How long since my last post? I'm afraid that it's indicative of the amount of time I can spend at the puter these days without interruption. No thinking time permitted. No space to make the sentences in any coherent order. This is fatherhood. Or at least, it's earliest stages.

The days are closing in rather quickly now. The cloud is thinner and streaked like a thin paste across the sky. If I had a huge knife I could scrape it up and spread it over a cosmic sized piece of toast. And the redness of the sunsets! I don't like winter but it has its beauties.

We all have colds so there is cough syrup and mandarins and all manner of natural and synthetic medication about the place. All, of course, safely stowed from he who is now eight and a half months old. The same he who can now stand with the assistance of a chair or sofa, and yes, the same he who wakes ten times at night. Joy and despair in one wriggling bundle.

But mostly it's joy, when I think about it.

No comments: