Sunday, July 26, 2009

my profile pic

I couldn't find a decent recent photo of myself and I refuse to 'photoshop' pics so instead I found this shot I took in Kyoto about four years ago. We were on a daytrip to our favourite Japanese city, mainly to see our friend Miwa, but also just to hang out generally. There was a special summer parade which included a float of genuine geisha through Kawaramachi, so I took some photos with my new camera, then ran around the corner to get some more. I remember standing in the middle of busy Kawaramachi dori to get a few close ups. It was a rare opportunity.

By some great fluke a took a couple that were absolute gems, including the one that is my profile picture. I don't know how it happened. Maybe just a good camera. What do you think the geisha is saying in her discreet aside? I have often wondered.

No comments: