Monday, February 28, 2011

counselling update

Having completed my Diploma of Counselling in January, I have been working on setting up a small counselling practice in the Mid Mountains. I managed by great good fortune to secure a room in a therapy centre in Lawson and have been busily joining professional associations, developing web sites and making preparations for advertising, securing insurance cover and so forth. There is a lot to do and a lot more to do before my tentative opening in April.

Today I finished my web page for Mid-Mountains Counselling, the name of my practice. It's a very simple affair and I am quietly pleased that I wasn't technically stumped much, though there were moments. A lot of counsellors have difficulty finding clients in private practice and so might I, though I truly hope that I can make a difference in the lives of some people. If I get the chance.

Tom seems to be enjoying school more now, after a week or so of not wanting to go. The turnabout appears to have been being made Assembly King. Quite an honour, I am lead to believe. So long as he is happy, I am too.

No comments: