Saturday, November 23, 2013

First there were months of dry. Now we have had a lot of rain. Huge storms occasioning the loudest claps of thunder I have ever heard. Or can remember hearing. The gutters by the road (or what passes for gutters in Hazelbrook) have been like crazy rivers, swollen and dashing erratically.

Today the sun is out again. The grass, which for a very long time was a mere yellow crust on unwatered earth, is turning, well, green. And trees in the mid-garden area are in collision, so strong is the growth. All good. But for the strangeness of the weather. Pressaging what, I don't know.

I have been writing to someone in the south of China. This surprises me a lot. For a start, her English is quite poor, though improving. Nor is this my usual modus operandi. I guess time will tell whether opposites and difficults can work out. I have an open mind about it.

Weather and romance are dancing in a surprising symmetry.

No comments: