Saturday, March 08, 2014

I am not easily amazed, but tonight I was. I was humbled and astonished. Danette, whose life was hanging by a thread following a terrible car accident over a year ago, was at a friend's party tonight. I had heard nothing since news had her in a coma with terrible injuries. She was either not expected to live or to face a life of near total incapacitation.

And there she was. I didn't recognise her at first. Later I spent an hour talking to her. I am awed by her courage, by an indomitable will to live. I have prayed every night for her and somehow I found it hard to believe that she was there, chatting and laughing, leaving me floored with a kind of dumb joy. Well, there is no way of describing it. I am overwhelmed.

Welcome back amongst us, Danette. May this time ahead be a blessing for you and your family.

No comments: