Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A fortnight ago Ann and I attended the wedding of two of my choir buddies, Ben and Linda. It was a very informal but really enjoyable time. The weather was unseasonably hot and the little park in which the formal ceremony took place, hemmed in on one side by the highway and on the other by the train line, was crowded with expectant well-wishers.

The wedding duo had asked me to play a set before the ceremony and so I did, trying hard to find love songs that did not have a bitter, angry or sad twist. Of the 80 odd songs in my repertoire, only 10 qualified as being possibilities and even those had borderline issues in some cases. So I cheated and threw in the a couple of happy but non-love specific songs, such as Wonderful World. Try looking for love songs that are happy through and through. It aint easy!

The reception was in the adjacent Warrimoo Progress Hall (a stout reminder of more certain times) and it was, to the acclaim of all present, a hoot. And Ann looked lovely!



And here are the very happy couple with family. My car inadvertently photo-bombed the pic!

No comments: