Sunday, December 04, 2016

2016 on Tatami Twist has been rather prolific, though previous years have set a fairly low bar. So perhaps it is better to say that the year has been one of moderate penmanship. I don't cover much of a range of subjects, for my purvey largely rests on cultural, historical and political issues, with the odd haiku thrown in.

I suppose that this gives the impression that the people around me matter less, but this is certainly not the case. I don't want to labor the point with family and personal relationships in what is, after all, a public space. That kind of thing is done to death elsewhere, notably on Facebook. I won't pretend that other people, outside of a very small subset, are at all interested in my son Tom or my love for Ann. I think it is rather sad that anyone thinks that the minutiae of their lives is worthy of a public airing, and usually, over and over again.

I guess that my productivity at TT is the outworking of a rather happy year. I am happily married, not in debt and healthy. Tom seems to be doing fairly well. Yes, I really need more work but I know that will come if I really want it.

Meanwhile, here is doge.

No comments: