Monday, November 06, 2017

I like smart people and smart ideas. Conversely, well, you know what I am going to say! I like art though I am only a rank amateur in terms of my knowledge or understanding of it. I like wandering through galleries and sometimes, though much less these days, curated exhibitions of art. While it is very convenient to have all that good stuff in one place at one time, sometimes it feels like I am just consuming a product. And then there is all that faux studied-attention and more latterly, selfies.

Today I found this clever this cartoon representation of the history of art in the avant-garde era, an era which I suppose began in the latter part of the 19th Century. It's funny and true enough to be helpful, should you ever wander into one of those huge galleries like the Tate or the Louvre and become befuddled by the post-realist phase of Western Art.

No comments: