Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February has been a time of travelling for us because Ann has had some time off work. I would like to do small trips monthly but it is difficult when your wife is working or studying five or six days. There is simply no way of making a substantial journey in 24 hours or, at least, there is no way I would want to do one. Ann might be okay with 500 kms in a round day-trip but it has no appeal for me and certainly not by car.

On Sunday the rare occasion occurred in which 4 Ireland brothers were together in one place. Ann, Tom and I drove to Dee Why for a family lunch, one that was very pleasing for my mother, for such a planetary alignment is rare and cannot be predicted.

On Monday Ann and I drove down the South Coast for an overnighter, taking in such natural joys as the Figure Eight Pools, Hyams Beach and the ruins of the lighthouse at Cape St George. Ann planned the whole event because being a tourist in my own country doesn't excite me sufficiently and besides, she really likes to do it. So the two days were packed with stops here and there, including delicious lunch spots. Our motel at Greenwell Point was humble but in an outstanding location with views across the Shoalhaven River and estuaries. It's a lovely part of the world.

Ann shares a moment with Mum. At Greenwell Point.

No comments: