Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Yesterday I saw Ann off at Mascot. We have not spent a night away from each other for over three years now, so I know we both felt quite sad last night. On the way home from the airport, which was an extended trip due to problems with rock slippage on the Blue Mountains line, I amused myself by following Ann's plane (TG476) on an app called FlightRadar 24. I didn't know that I could track the whole journey to Bangkok, but indeed I could, so, every so often I checked in to see where she was. The same app supplied the airplane's ground speed, altitude and distance travelled, together with an ETA. Unfortunately, there was no mention of the in-flight menu! You can see how bored and tired I was from this pointless occupation.

Worse, I took some screen shots of various spots in the journey with the specific idea of publishing a few of them here. I hope that you can forgive this nerdish indulgence. Hers is the reddish-orange plane. The first is situated at Sydney International Airport just prior to takeoff.



No comments: