Sunday, July 19, 2020

Since changing to the NBN, I have a few new channels on TV, all through a different set-top box. One of them is based in Singapore(CNA) and offers a range of Asian profile programs, including one called Japan Hour. Naturally this attracted my attention and luckily so, because one recent episode was about the Kobe Dentetsu line, specifically, the line between Sannomiya and Sanda.

Readers of this blog (surely none! - ed.) will know that I have a mild yet incurable obsession with Japan, having lived there in the first decade of this century. It is rare for any program to feature the town that I lived and worked in (Sanda), so watching the train and its presenters wind their way through familiar terrain from Kobe to Sanda was really special. Seeing landmarks, shops, stations and places that were my habitue was just plain exciting. Ann remarked later that it was like sitting next to a little boy waiting to open his birthday presents.

Oh, I must get a life!



No comments: