Thursday, February 04, 2021

I am waylaid by sports-related injuries at present. I can no longer swim as I once did, restricted by a torn shoulder tendon to a life of kick-boarding. And years and years of walking (and doubtless an earlier career in football) have wrought chaos on my knees, ankles and feet. It feels strange to walk so slowly - ambling short distances is not my thing. But here I am, looking for the nearest public transport stop at every turn.

These considerations are really only trifling. Relative to the trials of many others, they are mere scratches. Making adjustments to changed circumstances is a universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom. You either do it or you don't and if you don't, the game might be up.

So, I shall practice counting my blessings instead. 

No comments: