Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Congratulations to Mitakeumi for his convincing victory on the final day against Terunofuji, a win that sealed his conquest of January Emperors Cup. Overcoming his tendency to collapse in Week 2, he was consistent throughout the Basho. I have often wondered at 'which Mitakeumi would turn up today', given his penchant for wrestling brilliantly one day and poorly the next. Hopefully this will seal his ascension to ozeki rank.

Yesterday I wended my way, quite a long way as it turned out, to Castle Hill. I was hopeful of scoring another Christmas Cake for my mother, a particular cake that I was lead to believe was still to be had. Alas, the shop assistant told me that they had passed the expiry date and all been thrown out. 

At least I had the chance to ride the new North West Metro, which, I confess, was wonderful. Its hard to get used to a driverless train, but otherwise the journey to and from Castle Hill was pleasant. This photo shows the train about to depart Tallewong Station, and remarkably uncrowded. You can thank a virus for that!