Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Just Waffle

I've just started revising a little Japanese after two months of slacking off. I discovered at least one reason for my laziness - the grammar was starting to get much harder. Or perhaps I should say, there was just too much to remember. I guess I've reached a high beginner point in my written studies (though I still haven't learned Katakana) though my conversation is very much still at the beginner level. Really by the time you can reply 'This is the man who came to the party yesterday' (In romaji, 'Kino pati ni kita hito desu') the conversation has moved along somewhat. Having the modifying clause before the noun isn' t helpful either. I enjoy learning grammar but it's application is difficult, to say the least.

Nadia's tummy is getting bigger and bigger and there are still five months to go. We swim most days though the weather until recently has been lousy- the strangest spring and early summer I can remember. It' s getting hard to her to get comfortable in bed and this can only get worse, really. Poor thing!

The FIFA draw for Germany 2006 is on Friday, so we're getting a little excited. The US National Coach has caused a bit of a stir by saying that he expects Trinidad and Tobago and Australia to be the weak links. Methinks this man may be eating his words at a later time. If the US played quality opposition on a regular basis rather than lightweights from its own confederation, then its ranking may be somewhat different. Now Australia is in Asia, we should start to climb the ladder, if, for no other reason, than the fact that we will be playing more games against better teams.

No comments: