Saturday, April 15, 2006

Music

Today, a rare all day band rehearsal. I think we covered our whole repetoire (about 20 original songs) and then some, as they say. I know I'll miss the music here, band and choir and all the other music-related things that make up my lucky existence. We really don't have the time or opportunity to play in Japan, though perhaps this time.... It's not realistic though, what, with a new baby and all.

Tonight was another gorgeous sunset, with the deep blue of the emerging night sky chasing a lighter irredescent blue into the west. The way the trees stood out in black isolation against this sky was, well, I don't have words to describe it. But precious and fleeting are two, at least.(You said you didn't have any words - ed.)

This is a countdown to leave that I really don't want to face. It's not the right time to leave family and friends. But what can you do, if you have to go.

No comments: