Saturday, September 06, 2008

js22 Fukada Park



When Nadia and I first went to Japan with our choir Crowd Around in 1998, one of the highlights was an open-air performance at Fukada Park. I wont go into detail about that now. On subsequent stays, barely a day passed when I didn't walk in the park for some reason. It was the kind of place that you could walk through and on top of and about without ever getting bored, and on weekends it was alive with dogs and baseball practice and informal soccer games.

At one end of the park is the Hyogo Museum of Nature and Human Activities, an imposing modernist structure with a vast array of windows, the roof of which acts as a bridge between the Flowertown shopping district and Fujigaoka. At the other end is a children's maze and play area, with the kind of giant slides that are banned in Australia but just fine In Japan.

My attempt at trendy photograhy is an abject failure, but I'm sure you get the idea.

No comments: