Friday, November 07, 2008

my hope

Today my dear friend Elaine starts chemotherapy. This is the unhappy moment Nadia and I have waited for, or put to the back of our minds. for 4 years now. That was when Elaine told us she had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph glands. A few weeks ago tests showed that it had started to grow, and chemo was required to shrink it.

Elaine is a wonderful woman. She is pretty much the epitome of all those values that I really cherish. Honesty, selflessness, generosity, kindness, loyalty and forgiveness are rarely all found together in any one person, though I wouldn't baulk from saying that they are found in their entirety in her.

So now she lies with a drip in her arm, and we wait to see the outcome. The prognosis is good even if the treatment is slow.

Get well sweet friend. More than words can say, we love you.

No comments: