Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The first pleasant spring day in quite a while. It actually started to feel like a day for discarding jumpers and jackets and donning a t-shirt. Still, getting out of the pool this morning was brisk and there were very few swimmers in evidence.

Then it was back to study for me, while Nadia continued her mammoth recording sessions in the adjacent room. They may go on forever.

I'm nearing the end of my Diploma of Counselling - just two theory units and one practical to go. Then I will be unleashed upon the weary old world, hoping to do some good or, at the very least, no harm.

Tom used the F word this evening, unleashing a stern and uncompromising reprimand from his parents. The things they learn, even at pre-school! Had I used that word when I was just 4, my head would have been swiftly attached to a pike at the entrance to Rose Bay Public. Different times, those.

No comments: