Thursday, December 27, 2012

A quiet Christmas Day at my brother Peter's house in Budgewoi. Just two of my four brothers, Michael and Peter, and my mum, who is recovering from an operation. Few presents, simple festive fare and crazy wet weather were the order of things. My brother has done a great job turning a classic shack into a very liveable home.

I was far less sad than I thought, though the drive home was harrowing at times. I don't know what possesses some drivers to tail-gate or lane jump in such poor conditions. I know better than to label people on the basis of one observed behaviour, but the sheer foolery of some of the driving was astonishing.

Got home tired and quite happy overall. Would loved to have chatted to a friend of mine but she had her own problems and catching up is hard to do. When to find the time with someone who is so elusive? But I am very happy to be the shoulder to lean on, whenever it's needed.

No comments: