Monday, January 07, 2013

I find that I am liking, on average, the kid's movies that I see with Tom more than many adult movies. Today we saw Wreck-it Ralph at The Edge and I wasn't actually bursting to see it, though I organised it for Tom.

As it turns out, it's a clever movie that works, as many of these movies do, on multiple levels, allowing savvy adults to reference aspects of popular culture from past and present, and kids to just be entertained.

Not being savvy myself I was just entertained. When we got home, I loaded the Wreck-it Ralph game onto my ipad and Tom is trying it out as I write.

How quickly and almost seamlessly media intersect with each other. This morning's movie seguays into this afternoon's video game which slides effortlessly into this evening's interactive toy.

Easy. Or is it?

No comments: