Sunday, January 06, 2013

Inside this quiet, somewhat silly and eminently different summer holiday period, I find it hard to take a grasp of anything truly solid. Its over a year now since the end of my marriage and despite a few (brave) efforts on my part, I just don't feel like dating anyone. There are a few women I have liked, maybe even had teeny crushes on (or what I thought at the time were crushes) but the truth is, there is just nothing there.

Aha, I hear you say! What if these women had taken a liking to you? Such a question makes we wonder whether I have any substance at all, because it is certainly possible that I could have fallen in love. I do like relationships and I feel like I'm built for them. But I don't just want any relationship and never, ever one just for the sake of it.

So here I am at the very top of the year, wondering how things will be at the bottom of it. Not apprehensive, strangely blithe, and strictly unhurried.

And trying to find the crushed grape in every passing moment.

No comments: