Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Tom is back at school and now in second grade. His school pools the first and second years into a composite that works around stage one. Which does mean something, but I've forgotten what. He seems happy enough with the age mix. He is just not at all keen on work and understandably inclined towards play with his friends. Nor does he like boredom, hardly a modern affliction, but one seemingly suited to modernity. Unreflected life, I would like to tell him, is hardly worth the effort. Boredom is part of that self-examination.

So things have started up again after their long antipodean summer sleep. I'm back at Anglicare doing what I love and the cafe is providing the weekly dose of getting my musical act together. Moo choir began last night with much joy and hilarity. I'm wondering what this year has in mind for me - for work, life and love.

Yes, wondering.

No comments: