Friday, October 24, 2014

After 10,000 kms of niggly little rough-running patches every now and then, my car finally broke down today. Funnily enough, it's kind of a relief. I had taken it to a couple of mechanics who were unable to locate the problem. "Just wait till it breaks down mate and then tow it to us," they invariably said. Hardly reassuring, since breakdowns are inconvenient and expensive.

So just before Blaxland, my little car, full of musical gear for my cafe gig, gave up the ghost. I sat on a verge as B-Doubles hurtled past and wrote text messages. By midday I was back home, car-less and wondering what to do with the rest of the day. Tom wants a play day this afternoon (no car makes it harder) and the weekend just developed another layer of complexity.

Try calling it an adventure. Better than a calamity!

No comments: