Wednesday, December 02, 2015

About 5 years ago I received a Kindle as a gift and it's fair to say that I have rarely taken possession of a more useful and beloved present. There are dozens of free and paid-for books in my Kindle library now. Most weeks I will scoop up a sample of a text and more often than not, make the purchase for the complete version shortly thereafter. My Kindle travels with me and fits the bill in terms and lightness and thinness and general unobtrusiveness.

Today my old Kindle cover, which had grown tatty with use, was finally replaced by an Amazon original that I was lucky enough to pick on on eBay. Reading being close to my favourite activity in life, the accoutrements of the practice are also significant. I love the old paper books and newspapers too, don't get me wrong, but my curiosity about life (it's origins, meaning and so forth) is advanced by having greater capacity and range available. Here's to a new and fruitful alliance.

No comments: