Thursday, June 29, 2017

Back in Australia now, I feel terribly cold pretty much all the time. Somehow I must have acclimatised to the constant heat and humidity of Thailand, or perhaps this is just an overly cold winter. In any event, I don't like it and now I have a head cold.

There is a lot we have to do over the coming months. Ann had a medical for her visa application last Tuesday in Parramatta. Wheels are turning, albeit slowly, concerning all matters to do with immigration, with more documentation required now and in the future. The process is like being near a giant whirlpool, with all manner of flotsam being sucked down and no apparent means of escape.

Just before leaving for Thailand, I was waiting for Ann to finish college in a nearby Wynyard foodcourt. It was peak hour and the whole area was teeming humanity. I wrote this.

rush-hour crowd-
like an ant I push and push
set in winter honey

No comments: