Monday, December 11, 2017

Back in August, I posted about being able to buy Dekavita C in one of the Daiso stores in George Street, Sydney. It was one of those things that conjured vivid memories of living in Japan, especially those steaming summer days when I chose to walk into the centre of Sanda with 100 yen jangling in my pocket. Not long after, Daiso ran out of the magical drink and it has not been seen since. By way of compensation perhaps, bottles of Oranamin C appeared in the refrigerator of the same Daiso store, producing a similar effect in me. I did not drink as much of this concoction at the time, but sometimes it was the only alternative to Dekavita in the vending machine, should that be unavailable.They have a similar taste.

Sure enough, upon visiting the same Daiso a week ago, the Oranamin C was gone, it's price tag removed! It seems that Daiso is subject to the whims of supply, whims that may have nothing to do with market forces, nor my entreaties to puzzled staff. Oh well!

No comments: