Monday, October 21, 2019

I have started to settle in to the presenter's role at 2RPH, having now produced programs for The Australian, The Newcastle Herald and Features Forum. Each program has slightly different criteria and the computer needs to be individualised for each program. My role is to establish the running order on the monitor before the program goes to air. After that we are live and anything can happen, though I am required to mitigate any glitches or disasters. That's the theory.

Even though I have spent many hours on microphones and spoken in front of audiences, I still get very nervous in those opening minutes. This is the time when a lot of things happen in a particular sequence (such as program intros and time calls) and it falls to the announcer to get it right. I enjoy the thrill of it and generally I have been getting most things right. Now, I just need to sound a little less flustered on mike in those first five minutes!

My view.

No comments: