Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Since my last post I have been busy with connectivity issues. Broadly speaking, I am quite good with technology and like to solve problems myself. Usually I manage to do so.

But with the NBN and allied setups I was out of my depth. Once out-of-the-box instructions had been tried and tried again, and once forums and help lines had been exhausted, I had to concede that only a technician could complete the job. As it turned out I had been doing everything correctly and the problems lay in a communications pit about 50 metres from my abode.

Then came the constantly crashing iPhone and appalling battery issues. Such was the unreliability of the device that I have retired it(having tried many solutions) and bought a low-end Samsung. Even if the operating system is less appealing, I know the battery will keep me in good stead for at least a few years. Meanwhile Apple might like to put some of their massive profits into making better batteries for their over-priced products.

But enough about technology, the nuts and bolts of which is as dull a subject as I can think of!

No comments: