Thursday, May 20, 2021

Yesterday Ann and I went to Home Affairs in Parramatta so she could undertake her Australian Citizenship test. She had been studying hard for weeks, reading and revising pages of the sometimes arcane information that comprised the various sections of the examination. I read through it myself and confess that there were a few things I didn't know or had forgotten. I suspect that many Australians would likely fail the test.

But she passed with 100% and I am very proud of her. In a few months she will receive her official documents and will be an Australian citizen. JJ will become one too by dint of her being under 18 years of age. Hopefully my myriad and complex dealings with Home Affairs have now come to an end.

On the way back I spotted this plaque and spent some time in its midst, considering the great man. The like of him will not come again.



No comments: