Friday, November 12, 2021

Get back to regular work at 2RPH has been a much-looked-forward-to pleasure. It isn't just the busy joy of being in a studio with mikes, buttons and computer screens, nor the positive stress of trying to avoid silly errors (since we go live), nor even the material we have to read. Rather, its about getting into the swing of life, jumping on trains and buses, ordering a coffee, thinking of the job ahead.

It's also about the people - mostly retired professionals - with the kind of interesting minds and capacity for conversation that I tend not to meet elsewhere. I guess that I don't get out much since these kinds of folks also live in the Blue Mountains too. I am a little starved of the kinds of interactions that go beyond the mundane or the polite. Yes, I don't get out much.

I would go in to the station more often if it wasn't such a long journey.


No comments: