Friday, December 17, 2021

Reading the newspapers over the air recently exposes me to a lot of news that I would not normally be attracted to. When it comes to coronavirus stories, for example, in my private reading, I tend to glance over an opening paragraph and any bullet points and move on - I am just so sick of the topic. In the live broadcast at 2RPH I have no such luxury and have to read everything in the article as a service to our listeners. I have no business editorialising.

What have a learnt from the last few days on this dismal subject? Well, the new omicron variant is multiplying very fast - NSW us now back near 2000 per day with projections of a potential 25,000 a day - and yet, the knuckleheads in Canberra and in the state capitals are easing restrictions and soon, face masks will no longer be mandatory. I know, it's all politics, but the stupidity of removing this one, easy-to-comply with measure, demonstrates how feeble the political class has become.

Is there a spine amongst them? Probably yes, but they are not wielding the levers of power.

 

No comments: