Tuesday, May 10, 2022

I first bought my Gaggia Classic Espresso machine back in 2009 in the hope of making good coffee and saving money. Buying a cup of coffee every day and being vulnerable to the other delicious fare on display in a typical cafe can run up a lot over a year. So buying the machine and a decent coffee grinder was an investment in the long term.

That is exactly how its worked out. I do make good coffee and there has been more in my bank account each month as a result. The only problem with the Gaggia is that its boiler tends to rust out every four years or so and needs replacement, something that is not cheap. You can do the maths but 13 years of ownership means that I am about to need a third replacement boiler.

And so it is. Hot water now comes from the group head extremely slowly. In fact its just a drip or two, impossible for the making of a cuppa. So off to the repairman at Seven Hills!



No comments: