Wednesday, August 10, 2022

I seems odd to me that I am forgetting more and more, that things that should be better retained within short-term memory are not. I have two shifts at 2RPH. The one on Tuesday starts at 3pm and the one on Saturday starts at 1pm. I have been doing these new shifts for about three months now.

Yesterday I left at about 10am to drive to Penrith, there to catch whatever train took my fancy. I was thinking, of course, that I was starting work at 1pm. The penny didn't drop until much later, when, coming into Star City station on the light rail, I looked at my watch and realised I had an extra two hours on my hands. I promptly alighted and, shaking my head, went back in the other direction.

It is sobering thing to come to grips with. The aging of the body is one thing, but the aging of the brain is a lot sadder. You can have a laugh about it, of course, but there is likely only one direction  possible in this kind of scenario. Fortunately, I still have my faith.

No comments: