Friday, June 30, 2023

It may be that I'm just getting older, but I find the winter this year quite a deal colder than last. I'm not sure that the statistics will bear me out, but the winds seem icier and my capacity to retain heat poorer, all pointing to lower averages. Even now, however, I read that this winter will be drier and warmer than the last, so maybe it is just me.

The old Nectre combustion heater is holding up well, though definitely in need of some maintenance. As mentioned in an earlier post, I began wood fires in late May (which is very early) and have kept them up every second night or so since. My woodpile is gradually diminishing and I'm uncertain whether we will make it to the end of July on the current stock.

Having said all that about the cold, the sunny days are really quite pleasant. Bikes rides require some judiciously assembled layers of clothing, but are certainly doable. The Mountains are beautiful in all seasons and it's exhilarating to whizz by views of distant peaks and valleys of bushland.

Such a nice place to live!

No comments: