Thursday, September 28, 2023

I just completed a short online 'snap poll' about the upcoming referendum. In doing so it brought up all the things I don't like about my country. The good still outweighs the bad by a long shot but I am reminded, in the debacle that has passed for a reasonable discussion, of how foolish, ill-informed  and plain ignorant a sizeable number of Australians are.

I am also reminded of the cynicism of many of the pundits and political figures who would rather wreck a simple, symbolic addition to the Constitution (ask the constitutional experts if you don't believe me) in favour of a lie-infested slanging match. Without a doubt, there is also an element of racism.

I am tired of them and the whole process. As with the conspiracy theorists and their ludicrous freight of nonsense, I withdraw my attention. Why waste time trying to argue for justice and decency? These people are not listening.


No comments: