Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Now that she is free of her early morning job, Ann has more time for leisure activities. I promised if she quit that shift, we could do a lot more together. And I have been documenting some of that here.

Yesterday, for example, we set out for Mt Wilson, which is on the other side of the Blue Mountains. Mt Wilson is a delightful village comprising show gardens, tree-arched lanes, historic buildings and a gentle leafy ambience. I last went there likely twenty years ago and had only a dim memory of its "winding mossy ways."

We found a popular garden to wander through - Breenhold Gardens - 40 hectares or so of trees, paths, garden beds and feature walls. Later we went to the old Victoria Antiques Café in Blackheath for lunch. I am keeping up my end of the bargain, which is busier and costlier, but well worth it. My wife is a lovely woman.

Ah, the long lines of trees!



No comments: