Friday, November 18, 2005

Kekkon no tameni

Well, our wedding looms. Only a week away now. We made the mistake today of each buying a set of paper plates for the party - strange that we should mix up such a thing. Just a misunderstanding.

We have an enlarged marquis for the back yard with additional seating, since so many people have accepted our invitation. I feel relaxed about the whole thing really. Theres not a lot more to do, and really I dont care if things dont get done.

Tom (he that is in utero) has been kicking quite a lot lately (no doubt in sympathy with the Socceroos!) and Nadia's tummy has been swelling in recent weeks. And she's only half way there!

On reflection, I'm a very lucky guy. I have a beautiful young partner, a baby on the way. I can work overseas when I want really and do pretty much what I like when in Australia. I have good friends, good health (okay, I'm a little bit of a nut-case) and sing in a great choir. I have a roof over my head that's paid for. How did I get here?

'Solving that question', as Phillip Larkin might have said, 'Brings the priest and the doctor/in their long coats/Running over the fields.'

No comments: