Monday, November 28, 2005

Marrying left your maiden name disused...

Flat but happy. I didnt think that getting married was such an exhausting affair. But it is, because if you don't have the expectations of others pressing on you, then you have your own. And sure enough, a thousand and one other matters, from the weather (important for us as the venue was outdoors) to who is picking up the flowers on the day (me, actually) impress upon the already stressed individual as the day looms.

But really, the whole thing went amazingly well. After days of rain and predictions (on the day, no less) of more rain, the sky cleared in the morning and clear skies prevailed throughout. The choir sang well, Nadia looked beautiful, my best man Satoshi( who flew in from Japan) was chuffed. The reception in the big top was fabulous and the band terrific (that's enough nauseating praise - ed.)

So we are married after seven years together. I'm happy to be married but I don't feel a lot different - yet. I guess there's a period of settling in. Maybe.

No comments: