Monday, June 29, 2009

temporary geek lapse

I am usually loath to discuss computers or software at this place(or anywhere for that matter) but I find it a little perplexing that Windows Vista recieves such constantly poor press. Since the new laptop arrived 4 months ago (with Vista as the OS), I have never had a single glitch, freeze or hiccup of any substance. I did note the large amount of disc space that gets eaten up (temporarily) by Vista's various underlying processes, though I quickly found a way of getting every kb back.

With the release of Service Pack 2, I noted a lot of discussion around forums (no, I spent a very short time being bored at them!)about how crappy Vista was in general and how the SP2 was making matters worse. Well, the latter is now installed, the Dell is purring along and I have 14gb of disc space back too.

I guess that you can't please everyone, especially those Mac fanatics. I like OS X as well but I really can't get that worked up about it. There are, surely, better things to do.

And that's the last thing you'll read about computers here. The patient has got it out of his system and is sleeping soundly.

No comments: