Monday, January 30, 2012

We made our first tentative return to Cunningham St a few minutes ago. Cristie and Jaime have done a great job cleaning the house from top to bottom and even did a little painting. I am so very grateful to them for their kindness - they even re-connected my old washing machine in its original spot! What can I say.

Of course, I don't want to go back to my old house, nor leave my beautiful new house, nor lose my wife and upset my lovely little family. But it's something that I have to do. I have made my bed and so I must lie in it. I don't know how permanent this move is, not can I be sure how things will pan out in coming months. I am uncertain of everything at present. My thoughts and feelings are all over the place and I cry at the drop of a hat.

But the child man in me must grow up. I have to learn from my mistakes and never make them again. Some things are preventable and avoidable and I do have choices that I can make every moment of every day. I can choose to be better. I can choose to say no when it's clear that something is dubious or wrong or may in some way be hurtful. I can choose to look at the consequences of actions from the beginning.

And I choose to do those things now. From this moment until I am no more. As God is my witness.

No comments: