Saturday, January 30, 2016

Lately I have been taking an interest in my school days, an interest aside from my already well-developed preoccupation with all things Alan Myers. I missed the 20th and 30th Class of 1976 re-unions, both for legitimate reasons (working and overseas), though I wasn't really that fussed about attending anyway. But I feel that this time I should make an effort, given that I have reconnected with an old friend, Wayne Parrott, and that I should face up to some of my adolescent fears.

My early high school years were not that pleasant, though they improved when I became a senior. High school in those days was a little intimidating (caning was still in full force) and there were a number of pathetic self-loathing bullies about. If I knew then what I knew now it would all have been a stroll in the park, but that is never the case.

This new connection was strengthened recently when I joined a FB Class of 1976 page, where I copied the following photo. My apologies for the poor quality. This was my Year 7 Class in 1971, known as 1B in those days.






No comments: