Sunday, July 31, 2016

Every year around this time I hold my breath and exhale finally when my Mum's birthday arrives. The exhalation is one of relief, for mum is getting older and is afflicted by many ailments. But she keeps going and going, a testimony to good genes or good luck or maybe just good medicine.

Yesterday I drove Tom the long 90 kms through Sydney, which, while not being recommended as an activity to anyone, is necessary. It's a 2 hour drive to Collaroy, my brother Michael's place, and the roads, even on a Saturday, were thronging with cars.

Yesterday I also delivered the massive tomes that are our Cheshire family history, the work of relatives in the UK. A lot of effort has gone into this history and the assembled family showed a lot of interest, the younger people asking pertinent questions. It takes a small tsunami to prise them from their phones, so all praise to the authors, Dot and Roy.

A couple of photos from the day, with Tom ensconced in his favourite position.

No comments: