Friday, September 23, 2016

I don't want to indulge in much more post-wedding celebratory photography, but a couple of photos more won't hurt, or so posterity tells me. Firstly, my son Tom, for whom this might have been an awkward day, held the ring that I placed on Ann's finger. He acquitted himself admirably on the occasion and won a lot of praise, not least from the Thai women who wanted to line him up for marriage with their future daughters.

Secondly my mum - for whom my numerous romances post high school have have held a special terror and who I know wishes me only happiness - this day was a kind of triumph. She is very happy with Ann and has earned a new daughter along the way. At the very least, she knows that I am sorted out for the future and likely to stay that way. And truly, that is the plan.

No comments: