Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sometimes I am walking along, as is my near-daily wont, and I burst into laughter. Occasionally I am in proximity of other people, so the matter is a little embarrassing, though really it shouldn't be. There is nothing wrong with laughing out loud, even on a lonely bush track, or in the midst of suburbia, or whilst queuing at a checkout, though laughter out of a specific social context can be seen as awkward, or even dangerous.

It is not a sign of madness, per se, though it might be in some cases. In my circumstances, it is almost always occasioned by a podcast I am listening to, that podcast generally being political. I could narrow the field even further to a few particular podcasts but I won't bore you further. Today's FiveThirtyEight podcast was hilarious. Below, Silver, Malone, Enten, and Avirgan. Thanks guys.

No comments: