Thursday, September 12, 2019

The baptism of fire that was promised me when I took the announcer's chair for the first time has proved to be a scorifying one. That, at least, is how I felt after I had done the first presentation of The Australian at 2RPH. Mistakes are easy to make, for there are crucial timing issues at the beginning and end of the program. I did my third shift yesterday (though on a different newspaper) and it went passably well.

Announcers at 2RPH are also program producers, so manipulating the studio board and computer are combined with choosing news articles for the readers, keeping an eye on the clock and making sure the whole thing is coming together as planned. I guess I will get used to it but it will take time. And frankly, it is a little scary. I probably need more of these kinds of challenges.



No comments: