Saturday, September 11, 2021

Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary. Being a time of restricted movement and choice, we decided to wait until today before ordering takeaway pho from Pho Moi in Katoomba. That was Ann's choice and I was only too happy to go along with it. It's not the same as sitting down to a meal somewhere but we are still lucky - many people are too sick to do the same.

Today I finally received my celtic cross in the mail. All the way from Ireland, it is fashioned out of turf and carved with ancient Christian motifs. It is of the style of a Muidedach High Cross, common in Ireland in the 9th and 10th centuries. It is not a decoration but something to ground me during prayer times. Lately I have been rereading The Cloud of Unknowing and hard as it is, would like to put into practise some of its ideas.



No comments: