Sunday, November 20, 2022

Today I became a member of the church community at St Finbars, Glenbrook. Yes, I am now a Roman Catholic. This meant I could participate in The Eucharist after months of watching others do so. But that was ultimately a good thing as it gave me the chance to contemplate what I was doing, often deeply. Matters of life and death should not be taken lightly and I have done a lot of thinking, a lot of reading and much praying. So here I am now and the Lord be praised!

I found this short poem by Christina Rosetti amongst her collected works. As I have said before, I tend to read her verse regularly and often as not, it has a devotional quality. This one is particularly apt today.

The Lowest Place

Give me the lowest place: not that I dare
Ask for that lowest place, but Thou hast died
That I might live and share
Thy glory by Thy side.

Give me the lowest place:or if for me
That lowest place too high, make one more low
Where I may sit and see
My God and love Thee so.

No comments: