Sunday, February 19, 2023

I lashed out on Friday and bought a microphone for recording at home. I want to be able to do the small bits and pieces of articles for the 2RPH program, What's in Space, that sometimes escape our notice. This takes some of the pressure off my regular sessions with the co-presenter. I can send him WAV files and he can make the necessary adjustments. Since we have to hit 29 minutes every broadcast, there is always a need for some filler or a make-up piece.

Just this afternoon, having unpacked the new mike and gingerly set it up, I recorded two short articles and sent them on for 'expert analysis'. I am obviously concerned about quality and sound levels as we both want a professional product to go to market. 

Doing a simple voice recording is not difficult, but eliminating the sound of cockatoos, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, mulchers and overflying aircraft is more of a challenge. Who would have have thought that a Sunday in the Blue Mountains is the site of such uproar!

When I say that I lashed out, I was exaggerating. The mike, an Audio Technica 2020, was half price and therefore in the budget range. I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with this cute bit of kit.




No comments: