Thursday, March 30, 2023

It is two years now since I bought my Himo ebike from a PC shop in Rydalmere. It is fair to say that it has been amongst the better decisions I have made because it gives me a lot a pleasure to ride it. Notwithstanding the issue with brakes that need regular adjustment and the lack of suspension, it is a great little bike and a compensation, of sorts, for being forced to quit swimming and moderate my walking.

It is hard to know just how long a lower-end ebike is likely to last, because there are things that go wrong that ordinary bikes don't need to worry about (the battery, motor and electronics) and there are few bike shops that want to trouble themselves by offering any service. Luckily I have a mechanically-minded neighbour who kindly does all that for me but the day may come when complex embedded systems decide to call it a day.

In the meantime I will enjoy what mild exercise and joyful movement through air that I can. And yes, I do recommend an ebike to anyone who is sitting on the fence. You won't look back.

No comments: