Sunday, August 30, 2015

The house that Tom and I live in is very small. Two little bedrooms and some living space with no storage. So imagine my delight now that my new garage is finished. Yesterday Kieron and I added the finishing touches to this many-month project - meaning a couple of downpipes, gutters and trim - and now the garden is free of trailers and colourbond panels and off-cuts of metal. The ladders are stowed and tools returned to their rightful places. No more barked shins and stabbed toes. Edges of metal sheeting are invariably sharp!

It will be a great relief to have a dry, coherent and stable location to store my documents, my library, bicycles and what not. It has dried up my savings but that is to good effect ultimately. So, below is a photo taken yesterday of Kieron at work. We had a few hours ahead of us but the end was in plain sight.

No comments: